VPN and Remote Desktop are Dead
Remote access to corporate technology (email, data, infrastructure, financials, etc) isn’t new. Most organizations have had some sort of solution in place for at least the last decade, with a few stragglers getting a push from the pandemic.
As our clients face the reality of along-term and sustainable remote workforce, the conversation is not just about “access.” Cost, compliance, security, latency, ease of collaboration, productivity – all of these are shaping the way IT teams and corporate leaders consider the future of their information technology.
Users want easy access to business applications, data, and email. Managers need productivity analytics and integrated collaboration tools that are easy to use. Regulatory and compliance requirements call for advanced cybersecurity. Finance wants a cost-effective solution with clear billing and no long-term obligations.
The solution is an integrated cloud computing model with a native user experience and services that include analytics, cybersecurity, computing, database, mobile, networking, storage, and web apps.
Fortunately, we’ve come to a pace and time where all of this possible, at a cost that’s affordable and easy to understand.
- Stay productive from home and outside the office. Sign on to any device and quickly launch office apps and securely access corporate data.
- Protect IP and business-critical data. Give users freedom and easy access to their work from anywhere over a secure network.
- Control access to company data by user profile. Conditional access controls determine user access based on user profile, geo- location, team, etc.
- Simplified licensing and billing. Can be included with Offices 365 billing which you’re likely paying already.
- Advanced cybersecurity features. Including integrated and enforceable multi-factor authentication, and auditing features for easy compliance and reporting.
- Completely vendor agnostic. Don’t get hamstrung by your IT services vendor. Next-gen cloud allows you to select the vendor of your choice and makes it easy to leave when you decide.
Your firm can have a productive and secure remote staff that’s as integrated into your corporate fabric as any on-site team and we can show you the way.
Don’t forget to sign up for our periodic news letter “The Weather Report” and receive our thoughts, ideas and predictions directly in your inbox!
More from the author
Windows 11 available October 5
The new Windows 11 operating system will be available October 5th as a free upgrade, or pre-loaded on new hardware.
CISA shares guidance on how to prevent ransomware data breaches
"Ransomware is a serious and increasing threat to all government and private sector rganizations, including critical infrastructure organizations. All organizations are at risk of falling victim to a ransomware incident and are responsible for protecting sensitive and personal data stored on their systems."
Windows 11 brings refinement to the right-click menu
With the release of Windows 11 this October, Microsoft is refining its popular right-click menu. While most folks could never get through their day without “right clicking”, the menu has grown (unregulated) for 20 years. Read on if you’re curious for a look...
How to Mitigate Microsoft Print Spooler Vulnerability – PrintNightmare
This week, PrintNightmare - Microsoft's Print Spooler vulnerability was upgraded from 'Low' to 'Critical'. Here's what you need to know and how to mitigate your risk.
Microsoft’s new Fluid Office is bringing documents to life
The biggest change to Microsoft’s Office in decades is coming to life as employees return to their offices and the new hybrid work experience takes hold.